a series

January 12, 2015


When you enter a house, you enter a microcosmos, a little world of its own, with its individual tastes, rules and customs. I have always been fascinated by house entrances and since I have been living in Berlin with so many beautiful old, to some extent pompous, turn of the century buildings, the idea formed in my head: to take pictures of them. Because that is also a fascinating part of photography: you can collect many individual things and put them together so they form an overall picture that tells you new things.

Last summer I took the first picture (the one in the top left hand corner) and since then I have been keeping my eyes open for open doors or glass doors and illuminated hallways...

Berlin Hallways // Berliner Flure

Berlin Hallways // Berliner Flure

Berlin Hallways // Berliner Flure

39/365 - Überlin

Berlin Hallways // Berliner Flure

If you want to peek into more houses, I've started an album on Flickr where I'll be adding more of the treasures I find behind Berlin's doors:

4 comments:

  1. was für eine einzigartige, besondere und wunderschöne idee! und jeder eingang bzw. flur sieht auf seine eigene art magisch aus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to pick into more houses like these! Wonderful series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahnsinn. tolle fotos. werd mir definitiv dein flickr album anschauen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ich frage mich, wenn die Flure schon so elegant und schön aussehen, wie sehen dann die Wohnungen aus?

    ReplyDelete