Analogue Friday - Portra 800

January 22, 2016

This week's roll is a Portra 800, this means it has an ISO of 800. This high ISO was a special challenge for me (and my old Zenit B) since my camera's shutter speed does not exceed 1/500 s - in short: is not fast enough for this high ISO in broad daylight (and it was a very sunny week here in Berlin - white snow and sunshine - yeah for me, nay for this film). So I took pictures in the late afternoons and with a small aperture (mostly 11). I'm not quite a fan yet of the Portra 800 because the colours are a bit too cool for my taste but the pictures I shot at night out of the car, I like a lot. Maybe this is the direction of this film for me - the city at night. For next week I'm also photographing with a Portra 800 but with the difference that the film is expired. I will try to get also some night shots with it and am very excited to see if there is a difference between the film this week and the expired one next week.  

PS: I don't know what happened to the last picture but I like the green curtain :) 
























6 comments:

  1. you did a wonderful job with high ISO! And Portra is my fav kind of film. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cool! I love the grain and the moody feel this iso speed gives to the photos. I've tried an expired fuji pro 800z and loved the results :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful analogue views! I love the villa in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't quite understand these technical details, but I just came here to say that you make winter look like a fairyland. Very beautiful pictures and the last 5 are also unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit to not understanding about shutter speed - but I love the quality of light in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love analogue friday :)
    the fourth is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete