My new old friend

April 25, 2015




With this year came a new chapter in my photographic journey: I turned a bit away from landscape in favour of doing more people photography. Two shoots in March and April took place in abandoned places around Berlin. One was an old hospital near lake Grabow, the other was a hospital, too, called Beelitz-Heilstätten, which is quite famous in Berlin and among friends of lost places. When I set out to these shoots I didn't spare my back and took with me my heavy Japanese Mamiya. Until now I hadn't really tested this camera and ended no roll of film. But between the actual shootings I set the Mamiya up and took one or two pictures. (One or two... 12 pictures on a roll of film... compared to a 16GB SD in the digital one ;) )

I will always love analogue photography for the excitement before you get the prints or the films back, opening the envelope and holding them in your hands...

Today I got back the prints from the laboratory and couldn't wait to share these here with you. 












9 comments:

  1. Nancy, these are incredible! Superb composition! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ines! How utterly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genial! Genial die Bildausschnitte, die Motive, die Bearbeitung. Was für eine tolle Kamera. Ich bin begeistert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those old middle formats! :) And this place is absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome photos. An the buildings are so beautiful Pity they are abandoned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning pics. it's a great series!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos ... the colors are just so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete